Tuesday 12 July 2011

Rock 'n' (sort of) Roll

My holidays haven't started yet but I'm off this week for 'work experience' so I will have lots of time to post!
This weekend just gone, my friend had a birthday party at his house and he had asked musicians and friends if they want to play some songs. So there were about 9 bands which played that night, and my friends Sadie (bass) and Sam (guitar) agreed to do a small set with me.  
Have a look at 'boyfriend' by Best Coast and 'June Gloom' by the Like which were the songs we sung. 
But anyway, this isn't a blog about music so I'll show what I wore and hopefully it'll give you ideas if your stuck on what to wear to a gig or any other occasion! (by the way, excuse the embarrassing facial expressions)

June Gloom

 June Gloom

 Setting Up

Boyfriend

 Boyfriend

The shorts are from a car boot sale, but you can find similar ones on ASOS in the sale which are now only £15! 

And then I just paired them with a black belt and tights
You can't see my shoes unfortunately but I had just bought them off ASOS for £30 and they are basically black velvet pumps..
I thought they were quite pretty :)
And then the corduroy corset was basically a strapless dress from the H&M sale ages ago! So I just got the skirt off basically which can easily be done! 
So yeah, I haven't had time to post videos of tutorials or singing for that matter but I should when the summer holidays start! 
xxx

1 comment: